Hey guys!
So I just went and worked out for an HOUR! :) It was really great. I love this new fitness kick I'm on...it really feels great! I'm glad I became motivated to do this, because it feels amazing not only mentally but also physically! I can't wait to see some results in flab loss :)
I made my workout super fun by biking with my dad again. We took a route down the hill that our house is on, and then we went along a river trail. It's a beautiful sunny day out, there were tons of plants and lots of bikers and pedestrians, and the river was gorgeous!!! I absolutely loved it! The scenery was incredible, and the people were just so sweet :) So it was a ton of fun to go biking along there! And then coming up the hill back home was AWFUL. It hurt so much! We ended up just walking our bikes up the hill, it was so bad.
I made a grave mistake though -- I didn't eat a very solid breakfast. Eeek!!! I just had a couple of squares of cantaloupe and then a slice of bread with a light covering of strawberry jam. And I didn't take a water bottle either, so I was like hungry, energy-deficient, and dehydrated, plus it's hot outside. That was the downside of my trip -- I wasn't too energized by the middle of it :( But I guess that happens to everyone...you just get tired. Although I think if I had had a good breakfast I would've had more energy.
Anyway, just wanted to share that with you :) My post workout food was lunch! I just finished lunch and came up here to blog about it. For lunch I had okra (not fried, that would be really bad!), yoghurt (unflavored), spinach, and brown rice. I know it's an odd combination but it was really good (I ate some of the things separately, obviously - like I didn't eat the okra and the yoghurt together, LOL).
And then I drank TONS of water when I came home!!! I think I drank 4 - 5 cups of it :) I was so thirsty and tired! Maybe I'll catch some Zzzz's now just to relax, I don't really know yet.
So this is a great way to have some fun and work out at the same time, so it doesn't feel like a workout. My dad and I chatted during the ride, which made it pretty enjoyable and fun :) And it's a great social way to hang with friends or have some QT with family.
I think later today I'll go play tennis with my dad (he's just so awesome, period.) and badminton with my mom. Both of them said yes to it, but we'll see :)
Hope you guys are having a lovely, lovely Fourth of July weekend, and I'll catch up later today with my Workout Journal #4 (hopefully!).
Much love -
xoxox
No comments:
Post a Comment