June 28, 2011

Makeup Free and Fabulous!

Hey there fellow Insiders!

(Isn't that such a cool name? It makes us feel like a fanbase, LOL.)

I've decided that I'm going to STOP wearing makeup. You're probably sitting behind your computer with one of two reactions: a) What the heck?! Are you a mad woman? or b) Yeah, that makes sense. Makeup is so bad for you.

It's because I realized that wearing makeup has some pretty disastrous effects on my skin. I've always known that I have super sensitive skin, but I didn't realize HOW bad makeup was for me until just today and yesterday. It makes my skin all itchy and rash-y (not just on my face, but on the rest of my body, too), and it brings out the bubbling-under acne on my face. I look terrible now because of all that makeup I was wearing for a loooong time! Especially with parties and stuff the last week of school, I was wearing loads of it--the whole nine yards of makeup. It's insane!

People are asking me what's wrong with my hands and it's really just the effect of the makeup. My hands are all red and itchy and gross and affected and it doesn't look glamorous or chic at ALL.

So I'm definitely going to say adios to the makeup for good! Obviously if later on in my life for an occasion every now and then I have to wear a bit of eyeliner and mascara or something very very basic I will, but certainly not on a daily basis anymore. Even when I tried cutting down just to eyeliner, I still was itchy.

I won't be doing any makeup posts here anymore. That is the main effect of my decision upon you all. I hope that's okay with you guys! If you're not happy with that decision, well, I'm sorry, you can't make me wear makeup again (I'm NOT going through this horror again!) but you CAN make me consider gabbing about makeup on this blog. So we'll see about the posts.

Anyway...I feel so great without makeup! My skin on my face is just fine without makeup so it's not a big deal, but I do miss a little bit accentuating my eyes (my best feature of my face). Oh well. It's not a tragedy, and I'm not upset :) I'm loving it more than ever and am so glad to be back to the fresh-faced look!

Actually, I would suggest that all you makeup loving gals out there try the fresh-faced, makeup-free look! You'd be surprised at how pretty you still are :)

till next time...

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment